20-something girl, to friend: So I was reading in my magazine the other day that only 60% of American women work outside the home. I mean, that is really sad. Why can't I be part of the other 40%? Appleton, Wisconsin
Black teen employee to teen girl employee: Some of these people, they want to get to know you and make a connection, and I'm like, “man, I don't want to be your friend, I just want to give you a towel.”
Girl, passionately: I am not raping a seal! I draw the line at aquatic mammals! Leamington Spa, England Overheard by: Bleep
Yuppie blonde: So I told him, I was like, ‘Don’t call it a party, you know? Just say you’re getting drunk!’
Yuppie brunette: Exactly. 24 Hour Fitness
Professor, to newbie class: So…let's start with everyone telling me a secret about themselves so I can try and remember your names. You (pointing to student) start.
Student, tentatively: Ummm…I eat cold spaghetti in the morning?
Professor: Ewww! Fantastic. University of Zurich
Switzerland Overheard by: Stephanie
Boy: Have you seen Rainman?
Boy: Ohmigod, I can't believe you haven't seen Rainman! I mean I haven't seen Rainmanbut I can't believe you haven't seen Rainman! Newcastle-Sydney Train
Gay boy to girl posse, seeing commercial for panty liners with extra sticking power: So, like, doesn't it hurt when they stick to your vag? Fargo, North Dakota
Hickory farms sample girl: Would you like a sample of our beef summer sausage?
Guy #1: Sure.
Guy #2, as he takes sample: There is always huge sausage at my house.
Sample girl: Okay… Fresno, California
Girl to friend: Yeah, the few times I’ve sold my underwear it was always the cheapest pair that sold for the most.
NW 23rd Avenue